Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dearly beloved clar,

It's really funny how you capitalise 'someone' and then say it wasn't directed at anyone. Clearly, you're pissed off. Anyway, two points to make.


Firstly, convenience aside. You're the CIP rep and there's nothing arguable about that. Being appointed, you are definitely more obligated then anyone of us, assuming it is not inconvenient for you. You can't simply say you "really don't care" just because someone else fails to do a job you're more responsible for. Note: I'm not saying that it is compulsory for you but rather that you're more obliged to as compared to the rest of us.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure we all know inconvenient it is. Therefore, I don't think anyone in class would blame you for such an issue. But the fact that you're asked a favour from SOMEONE, got refused and then became pissed (a very obvious emotion that screamed itself to me while I read your post) made me feel unjustified for that SOMEONE. I don't think that "nobody wants or cares about their records" but rather, it is simply as inconvenient for them as well. As much as you can and wish to accomplish in your one and a half hour, they similarly can and wish to do as much in their half and hour.


yours truly,
bystander



so what we're saying is that it's not that we don't appreciate what you're doing, but when you make such a huge commotion over this and say that you 'already tried your best to get it but you really can't', we don't see how that criteria was accomplished.

this is how i see it.

if i happened to be the cip rep, and it wasnt convenient for me to get it, i'll (like you) request someone else to help me do it. but if they (unable or unwilling) cant make it, i will be rather irritated with the situation but i would still go down to get it myself, seeing that i am the cip rep so it's my responsibility to do so.


clar, im not going against you but i just want you to know that this is how a few of us perceive this issue.


tis (the above was written by a bystander who's not from our class but wanted to get his/her point across)

No comments: